Who doesn’t want more time?
As a small business owner it is your most precious commodity, so it only makes sense to use it wisely. Here is a simple, yet powerful, way to help you gain more time for your business and your family. Best of all, you’ll be helping another business owner do the same!
Get More Time & Business Here
I often hear colleagues lament that they can’t spare the time to attend training or learning event. These same business people will then spend three hours on the phone cold calling prospects instead of three hours at a conference. Most people who participate in networking groups do so because they understand that there is a better way to do business, through word-of-mouth referrals. If you are one of them, congratulations, you are among the top 20%!
Participating in weekly networking meetings is not enough. Growth requires commitment and dedication to you, your business associates and your network. Let’s examine what attention to your own learning and training can yield for you and your referral partners:
- New Referral Sources &Partners—When you participate in workshops you come into contact with people you might not ordinarily meet.
- New Customers—You get to exchange ideas and find like-minded individuals who will be more inclined to do business with you.
- New Energy—Your enthusiasm and excitement increase as you learn new things and that radiates into everything you do.
- New Resources—Even one new piece of information or knowledge—from the conference, the attendees or even the vendors—can save you hours of work.
- New Ideas—Last but not least, the next time you drive home from a training opportunity take that time to brainstorm a couple of ideas of how you will be able to apply what you have learned that day, then write them down.
The key to working smarter instead of harder is regularly seeking out new ideas, people and systems that can save you time and effort. Benjamin Franklin said it best, “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”
Filed under BNI, Life Hacks